Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Take Me Back...

Last weekend we enjoyed a perfect stay at one of our favorite places that is very close to our hearts. Not only is it breathtakingly beautiful, it is where I spent my 18th Birthday, where we shared our first Valentine's Day, our wedding night, three of four anniversaries and many a family event. 

My MIL graciously gifted us her resort points so we could enjoy a fire pit room and the abundance of the club lounge which is basically a smorgasbord of complimentary food & beverage offerings throughout the day with breakfast, light snacks, hors d’oeuvres, coffee, tea, cocktails and cordials. They also offer movies, games and sometimes other events and activities. 

The weekend was fantastic, and that is an understatement. We walked the sea cliff trails...
and met a friend...

                                  
who then only decided to show us his best side...


Indulged in the fabulous spa amenities...

(that's not us) 

Watched a traditional Indian wedding in the courtyard and enjoyed nice conversations with other guests while enjoying club lounge drinks and hors d' oeuvres and of course some cookies...

Side note I love traditions whether they be family cultural or a personal ritual I think it's so interesting that out of everything the human race has done over the thousands of year some things just stick, become and remain tradition. I'm always eager to learn about the traditions of others and was so excited to be able to witness another event filled with deeply rooted ritual and tradition. 

Sunday brought a lazy morning with breakfast at the firepit...
and a nap for the better half while I organized some of our things and enjoyed the view (you can't really tell but over the grassy knoll it's all ocean). We checked out later that morning but took advantage of the fact we still had club access and visited the spa again as well as the club lounge for a little of this...

You guys I'm telling you, this is the best chocolate almond toffee I have ever tasted and believe me when I say I've eaten a lot of this stuff. The title of professional chocolate toffee almond bark taster is more than warranted. 

Ciao Half Moon Bay, I hope to see you soon!!


What's your happy place? What kind of traditions are part of your culture or family?



No comments:

Post a Comment