Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Ceremony Reading: How to Be Married for the Rest of your Life


A few posts ago I mentioned a ceremony reading my friend asked me to write. I was so honored to be included in their day, it was absolutely beautiful. Really one of the prettiest weddings I have ever seen. The bride and groom are very real down to earth people who like things to be unique and straightforward which i think i captured in this writing. This is not necessarily going to be up everyone's alley because it is candid, honest and not the typical flowery, poetic, Shakespearean reading you might hear but it is true and it is honest.  

I chose to use "Be" instead of "Stay" in the title because I think if your goal is to stay married, your mindset is a little different. To me stay sounds like while you start with the best of intentions you are eventually doing the bare minimum and not evolving with your relationship and partner. To be married is an active mindset, you are consistently checking-in with yourself and you partner, giving your relationship and each other an honest look, evaluating how you can improve yourselves to support and contribute to your relationship.





No comments:

Post a Comment