Saturday, September 5, 2015

Pregnancy Week 16 - 12.5.12

Written 12.5.12...

This is a busy week but first...


I ate meat?!?! At my dear friends shower a burger actually sounded good, I only ate about 1/3 of it because the soup I had first tasted so sweet I started to feel a little sick. It was also filling. I have been having mustard withdrawals so I'm sure that contributed to the desire for a burger. As always it was lovely to see the girls and run in to old friends, they did a gorgeous job decorating in an adorable nautical theme.



Only a little morning nausea at this point, I hope I am not one of the lucky 15% with nausea past week 16! At a minimum i would like to avoid it in Costa Rica so come on lucky week 17!

We are heading to Costa Rica this week for a vacation and I guess it technically counts as a baby moon. The Hubby and I are so excited to be on a beach and relax. This joint is all inclusive which we have not experienced so we'll see how that goes. I'm thinking it is the best way for a prego lady and her hub to vacation so she can eat all she wants and he can drink all he wants while feeling slightly less guilty about leaving said prego alone on the sober boat than if he was paying for each drink individually.  It is supposed to be absolutely gorgeous there and full of animals like monkeys, sloths, jaguars, and tapirs (kind of like mini elephants mixed with ant eaters, I need to see one!!)


We have another doctors appointment and blood test this week. Nothing too crazy, we meet the doctor (only seen NPs up to this point), ask some questions and hear our little baby boys heartbeat again. I don't really have any questions though, I guess I'll need to come up with some. Last time I told the doctor I didn't really have any questions and my doctor and husband looked at me like I was crazy. It's not my fault that Dr. Google already told me everything I need to know ;)



A few off the top of my head:


          1. What birth/newborn care classes would you recommend?
          2. Should we take a hospital tour?
          3. What type of teas are okay / not okay to drink
          4. Do you recommend any baby books we should read or any reliable websites?
          5. Do you have any recommendations for a pediatrician?

Cravings: Toast (weird), Rice Chex (love/hate relationship right now)


Aversions: Meat ( I know I had some but that's probably all for a while), Rice Chex (love/hate relationship right now)

Weight:   126.8lbs, gain of 3.2 lbs


No comments:

Post a Comment