Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A week in Sunriver, OR

This week we spent some time in Sunriver, OR with my husbands side of the family and our favorite family friends. There were 15 of us total with us "kids" out numbering parents almost 4 to 1. That ratio alone set us up for a good time. Unfortunately we had some off weather, it even hailed! But with great company we made the best of it. 

We rode bikes and baby bear had his first opportunity to be pulled in a bike drawn carriage and he pretty much loved cruisin behind Daddy.  
I had only ridden once since I was 14 (except that fluke 20mi bike ride complete with happy hour stops) so I was a little wobbly and my tail bone was pretty sore but I enjoyed my beach cruiser. There were a few hills where gears would have been useful so next time I will probably rent a bike ready to take on more hilly terrain. 

We celebrated the 29th birthday of this special guy...


Ate some great food...


Baby Bear tried his first ice cream, not as much of a hit as I expected...

and a particularly awesome dessert, S'mores Pie (recipe to follow in a few days)...

Larger than your man's hand doughnuts...

Had a few quiet minutes despite trauma from teething...

Popped a molar, well half of it.  Looking forward to when this misery maker is done torturing my baby.  

Did some swimming....

Ate some dirt...

Took a raft down the Deschutes...

All in all a relaxing, hilarious, and memorable week!  



P.S. Any suggestions for another family oriented, active vacation spot? We love Sunriver but are hoping to switch it up every couple years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment