Sunday, September 20, 2015

Our Little Bair: Week 9

Today the Bair had his two month well baby check up. Poor guy had a couple shots and ended up with a little bit of a fever. I pretty much refuse to use the tush thermometer so I appreciated the pediatrician telling me we could use a normal thermometer under his arm and add two degrees. Of course if you are close or over the 101.3 cut off for calling the doctor you have to brace yourself (and baby) for the real deal or just take them in. Our ped also told me you can tell how intense the fever is if you're nursing, when it starts to get in the 100s you can feel baby's mouth get hot.  What a wealth of knowledge this lady is :)

He slept a good 5 hours post shots, almost straight through with only a little fussing in between after which he fell back to sleep on his own.  This is a ton for our baby that does.not.nap during the day.

Side-note, if someone told me this was a possibility I would have planned to be super productive.  We'll see what happens at the 4 month check-up. He's slightly a daytime insomniac and only sleeps in small 20-30min spurts, just doesn't want to miss a thing I guess? My mom always says he reminds her of someone ;) .  He sleeps like a champ at night so I am okay with however he wants to get the sleeping in. 

Our Bair is really starting to "wake-up" and notice other people and especially babys.  I can see him processing and wanting to interact but I know it's nothing like what we'll see him doing in another few months. 

When he sees other babies he will look at them and stare for a moment but doesn't reach out to play yet. Still just taking it all in.

That's it for this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment