Friday, October 30, 2015

Finally a Dress for Nursing Mom's: A Look at Harper and Bay

I found out about this fabulous Kickstarter campaign, Harper & Bay, offering stylish and convenient breastfeeding dresses. The idea is to eliminate stretched collars, wrinkled blouses or undressing to nurse your baby. Finally someone who designs nursing dresses for "stylish moms", although this feels like an oxymoron as I look at my sunflower butter, yogurt and spit up stained sleeves. Harper & Bay, clearly I need your help!

I heard about this campaign first via Instagram and a few bloggers who posted about it here and there but it was quite hush-hush. I am so grateful someone with fashion where-with-all is taking this on. There are other brands who make nursing wear but honestly nothing is this functionally designed or fashionable. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to my closet and looked for something to wear to a non-workout attire event, only realizing I'll need to easily nurse or pump in the outfit or bring a change of clothes, coordinate a place to change etc. What a pain this can be and I know I'm not alone.

Here is a short video from Taisja Maxfield discussing the line and inspiration behind it. She discusses hating to spend all kinds of money on clothes she would only wear for such a short time - girlfriend, you hit the nail on the head, those are my thoughts exactly. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of lines with nursing friendly attire but none quite as stylish, functional, classic, on trend, or reasonably priced. 



PS isn't she adorable? There are a few spots left in the campaign and dresses are currently priced anywhere from $70-$90 depending on which option you choose. Dresses are set to retail for approximately $98 a piece.
Below are the options...
harper-bay-breastfeeding-dresses-kickstarter
I ordered the raglan sleeve floral print pictured below. (Photo: Kickstarter/Harper & Bay)

am considering ordering the mid-point exclusive color release which is the black-white stripe sleeve raglan dress. So on point right?


So thank you to the Harper and Bay creator Taisja Maxfield who is going to make this season of life a little easier and more fashionable for all of us. I can't wait to receive my dress in December!


No comments:

Post a Comment