Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Real Talk: A Taste of Life Mothering a Newborn and a Toddler

Written 7/2/15...

Ok real talk. I am getting a taste of what life is going to be like for now as I get used to having a newborn and a toddler. This morning I ate LB's chewed on toast crusts and pineapple soaked eggs for breakfast.  


I begin the one handed breakfast clean-up then sort and start a load of laundry while entertaining LB and holding C. The morning flies by with a series of toddler games, close calls of baby squishes and finally it's 12:30, M's nap time.


I organize the never shrinking laundry pile, I don't think I have any clean clothes left because they're either covered in milk, mashed food, or baby vomit. My bra size is currently a G and still doesn't fit right, I contemplate as a see the double boob in my reflection and give up because I don't even know where to get something that might fit properly.


Then I have a shower at 2pm because there is a golden 5 minutes where both kids are asleep. I eat lunch at 4:30 which consists of nearly a full box of TJs cookies. I actually manage a reasonable dinner because I miraculously planned before this weeks grocery trip and LB skips a bath because today I'm doing bedtime on my own. While putting C to bed I ate the rest of the TJs cookies :/ .


I am a list maker, an organizer and generally keep myself well presented but that is no longer in season. Bring on the sporadic bathing routines, living in stretchy clothes, milk soaked bras, and stuff upon stuff all over the house.


Who cares when this is your view, it's all about perspective.




No comments:

Post a Comment