Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Pregnancy Week 33 - 4.2.13

Written 4.2.13...

How did this happen so fast??




(Super unflattering picture but at least you can see there is a bump! Well, sort of...)

The pregnancy has completely flown by! Partially because you are always waiting for the next thing, at first you wait to hit 13 wks and 1 day, then you wait to find out the gender, then the 20 wk appt to hear if everything is okay, then the milestones you've set up in your head as being important, like the first kicks, 24 wks because your baby will most likely survive outside the womb, and some that you've set up in your own mind like "wow I can't wait to have a big bump at 2X weeks. Then of course there is the birth at ~40wks. It really can be just a waiting game if you don't take the time to enjoy it.

Ever since I passed in to the third trimester I have tried to focus on cherishing every moment of this pregnancy, even the challenging ones. I am enjoying carrying my little boy with me where ever I go, his baby kicks, the (sometimes painful) rolls, the cravings, even the hours upon hours late at night where he is moving so intensely I cannot sleep. It really is incredible and I truly am beyond blessed to experience this. I would not trade it for anything.

We have just 7ish weeks until Baby K's debut and we cannot wait to meet this little one. I feel like I already know some things about him and I can't wait to see if his habits in the womb will be the same outside. I am full of theory's about pregnancy and childbirth and am sure I will gather hypotheses as we move through all the phases ahead...infants, toddlers, adolescents, teenagers (eek!), etc. I can't wait to learn whether the childbirth and infant ones are true.  Although if I'm right this kid will be a late night party animal and I'm perfectly okay being wrong on that front.

Eating: 
Dark chocolate, tea, avocado, protein, smoothies

Weight: 
145.8 gain of 22.7lbs

Ciao for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment