Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Dear Charlee: 7 Weeks with You


Dear Charlee,

You are still so easy going, I'm not sure how I was so blessed. You fit right in and are a dream second child, particularly when your brother is going and going all the time. 

You are smiling up a storm and cooing all the time, it's absolutely adorable and I can't wait for more of it. Sometimes it almost sounds like you are talking back to us, you use the same amount of syllables and level of inflection. Your eyes are starting to be expressive and fairly clear with what you want. 

We had quite the busy weekend bouncing from place to place and spending time with friends and family. By Sunday afternoon I could tell it was a little much and you were ready for some quite time.  You are very sweet and don't seem to fuss over much of anything but when you've had too much of something you are over it and want to retreat to a quiet, dimly lit place. Typically we sit on the couch or my bed and you eat/sleep while I take care of some emails or to-dos on my phone. Daddy and I will have to work to keep this in mind to make sure you get the space and quiet time you need.  We are typically always going in this family but as I get older I am happier to say no to some things and appreciate quiet and alone time with family more and more.

Love,
Mama

P.S. This is the week you started blowing bubbles  


No comments:

Post a Comment