Sunday, July 26, 2015

Weekend Rituals


What do you do on your days off? Our Saturday morning always consists of a few particular things:

Morning songs and dance parties or just laying leisurely and soaking in the music. 

Breakfast with toast or a BOFFO Cart breakfast sandwich which is basically happiness and all good things ever created wrapped up in to a sandwich. 

Farmers market coffee (Zolo is our absolute favorite), a walk for Bentley then off to something active for our rambunctious little guy. 

Then home for lunch, nap time and quick chores. Our to-dos are taken care of Saturday so Sunday is more easygoing. My goal is for meal prep to happen Saturday as well. Lately the Saturday nap time has turned in to everyone nap time because we are exhausted by 4 if we don't sit down and rest our eyes. It is tough but I keep trying to remind myself happy/healthy mom > laundry piles and dirty floors. I really miss the 2 naps a day schedule right now!

Sundays are for church and family. I have a strict I need to be home by 1pm or I will get anxious rule, 3pm is my absolute cut-off or queue the Sunday night anxiety, does that ever stop by the way? I applaud you guys that can actually be social on a Sunday afternoon/evening, I feel there is too much to catch-up on or that I need the time on my own to mentally plan and prepare for the week. Even for something like the Superbowl I hate to leave my house or have the number of people over where I need to prepare food. I love having friends in our house and having a revolving door of visitors but not after 3 on Sunday, then I want you to kindly see yourself out. Unless you are playing with my kid so I can cook or helping me cook, in that case I'll extend the curfew to 5pm, I love you but please go home :) no as in right NOW :)



No comments:

Post a Comment