Saturday, September 5, 2015

Pregnancy Week 31 - Written 3.18.13


(This is actually a photo of 30 weeks but who's counting??)

It's been a while since a pregnancy update, these past few months have been busy with work and planning baby things. My sister in law got married a couple weeks ago and the first few months of the year are always so busy for us since about 20 friends we know have birthdays during this time period.


Feeling: lots of pressure in ma belly, faint feeling, serious exhaustion, walking to the train is exhausting me (it's just a simple couple block walk carrying my laptop bag and lunch bag) and makes me feel like I weigh an extra 50 lbs. Thankfully I don't need to go in to the office everyday. 


I am still measuring ahead at 32 weeks.


Cravings: nothing really but I am eating finger foods or quick things, avocado, salty things, TJs "healthy" hotdogs (sick but I think I like the salt). I am forcing myself to eat lots of protein, lemon water with honey, butter lettuce, mango.


Aversions: PB, unhealthy food i.e. pizza, burgers, fries


Rings still fit, no swelling of ankles but legs are becoming less defined more like trunks :(


Still no one giving up a train seat for me since I barely look pregnant!  One guy did let me go ahead of him to get a seat but I'm pretty sure that's because I look like a lady. 


We had the hospital tour and I started to get nervous about the birth for some reason, maybe it's not nervousness but more of an overwhelming emotion I don't quite know how to process it yet.  No idea, hopefully I'll be able to pinpoint it as his arrival gets closer.


This week we need to spend more time on the relaxation techniques, to get more comfortable for the birth. I was really good about in the first and early second trimester and then it kind of fell away. 


Even though I hear most first babies are late,even induced! I want to be prepared 3 weeks early for piece of mind and just in case. 


I am going to miss the baby kicks and feeling of being pregnant but I'm sure it is nothing like the joy of having your baby. It's so emotional I can hardly even think about it but at some point I will need to. Maybe that is what is starting to make me nervous about the labor process...who knows...


Weight gain is ~22 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment