Monday, June 15, 2015

Pregnancy Week 32 - 3.25.13

Written 3.25.13...

Also known as the week I realized..."Wait I won't be pregnant forever?"



Happy, and scared, and excited, and worried, and thrilled really sums up this week although my husband might call it the week of the grumpies. We have had a lot going on with back to back baby shower weekends, my sister in laws wedding, crazy work schedules, realizing that I won't be pregnant forever (wait I won't?) and just general life occurrences.  We got in to major nesting mode, washing and hanging baby clothes, requesting delivery of furniture ASAP, cleaning everything top to bottom and sitting in the baby room imagining what it will look like when complete. It was stressful and emotional having the realization that I think hits most pregnant women, "HOLY MOLY I won't be pregnant forever? This isn't the new normal? We are having a baby, how are WE having a baby?".  Of course we are beyond thrilled but would be lying if we said we weren't nervous, in fact I think that's normal and if you never felt that and truly aren't kidding yourself then congratulations I think you are 1 in a million (probably more) and I admire your confidence :)   If you are feeling nervous talk to your partner, friends, parents, mom-in-law, other mothers or anyone else. It's not a comfortable or easy thing to say, no pregnant person wants to openly state they are nervous, unsure, don't know how they'll handle this life changing moment. As with anything this significant and incredible it is also scary and IT'S OKAY TO FEEL THAT WAY!!!! I was feeling guilty,  a terrible person for feeling this and I felt much better after the Hubs and I talked about it.  It almost relieved all of those feelings and who knew he was feeling the EXACT same way :). Now we can talk about how we have no idea what to do with a child without the stress and guilt of being terrible parents before we are actually parents.

Anyhow, by the end of the week the grumpies decreased and I was back to my normal self. Addressing the urgent need for chocolate frosting probably helped!  The weekend brought a fabulous 24 hours with my best girl friends and their husbands which also always warms my heart and reminds me that no matter what we'll always have an incredible group of people supporting and rooting for us. This is going to be one well loved baby!

I have been wondering when people will notice I'm pregnant, and the answer? I had to reach 32 weeks and 1 day before I was offered a seat on the train. I will spend the next few weeks working from home so there will only be a few more opportunities to take advantage of pregnancy perks before the little guy joins the world.

Cravings: Chocolate frosting and animal crackers.  Like homemade dunkaroos - legit. 

Sugar for some reason, maybe because it's Easter and I can't resist a cadbury egg, or two or lets be honest, 11 of them over the past 2 weeks which if you know me is way to much of a candy binge pregnant or not but I loved every single minute. I  have now had my annual fill and  am no longer eating a cadbury egg a day.

Aversions: Meat

Weight:  145lbs, gain of  21.9lbs




No comments:

Post a Comment