Saturday, August 9, 2014

Pregnancy Week 14 - 11.19.12

Written 11.19.12...

Baby is the size of a...



The name of the game for this little lemon is RICE.

Apparently I now love rice, of all kinds with all available add-ins and spices.  I was never much of a rice fan but le bebe is all about it. I was starving while picking up some one-offs at Whole Foods and headed to the deli where I scooped up three kinds of rice. I also grabbed some kale and butternut squash for good measure trying to force some veggies in me. I don't know if other mothers have this thought but "How is baby not enjoying the foods I normally eat?" and "Why am I a carb monster?"  I've never been a big fan of any bread, rice, pasta unless it is top tier sourdough bread eaten with seafood. Being pregnant is another story, we have black rice in our pantry that I cannot stop thinking about. When I consider pairing it with something normal like salmon or a salad I want to excuse myself to the toilet so at this rate I may just be eating black rice with....more black rice?

I am very much looking forward to our Thanksgiving with both families and celebrating all the great things that are in store for our family. My sister bought a house, Hubby's sister is about to get engaged (my personal prediction from 7 months ago), and of course Baby K. We will also have the opportunity to spend some quality time with the Hub's little cousin who is a blast and warms my heart.


Feeling:
Pretty good, still tired and having trouble staying up past 8pm

Eating: 
RICE
Bland things like mashed white potatoes (what?)

Aversions: 
Still no nut butters except Skippy natural (non-pregnant me would not eat this) and Justin's PB is semi-ok. I only bought it so I could force myself to stop eating Skippy
Vegetables, especially the green leafy variety
Almond milk
ALL meat

Thoughts:
Only 1 week until we know what this little bean is and obviously I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment